Lead Developer (Hydrogen)
The hydrogen market is currently a $110 billion-dollar global market and expected to grow to $750 billion dollars and be responsible for an additional 3.4 million jobs around the world. Clean hydrogen is essential to achieving the world’s 2050 decarbonization goals. Monolith’s patented methane pyrolysis technology will be critical in unlocking this growth and meeting the global demands for clean hydrogen.
The Lead Developer (Hydrogen) is responsible for shaping and managing large complex commercial development projects and initiatives in the clean hydrogen space. This position will leverage a strong development background and collaborate with internal/external resources to lead all aspects from project origination to a well-defined business case. This role will be directly responsible for creating large production facilities of clean hydrogen having a transformative impact upon Monolith’s business, the Hydrogen Industry, and global greenhouse gas emissions.
- Drive technical, policy, and business analyses to assess, envision, and design Company growth initiatives and to manage large strategic commercial development initiatives.
- Quickly screen opportunities from strategic partners, inbounds, and origination. Prioritize efforts and balance available resources.
- Coordinate engineering, technical, policy, and financial analysis for programs and services, and make strategic recommendations to execute projects through to successful completion.
- Coordinate resources across departments in support of the project development to include commercial, technical, community relations and permitting.
- Have deep understanding of commercial aspects of industry and/or hydrogen projects. Apply comprehensive knowledge set to prioritize efforts and align others to achieve optimal outcomes for Monolith, stakeholders, and the environment.
- Represent the company in negotiations and development of project and financial documentation and with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop executive and board-level business plans, presentations, and proposals. Keep leadership abreast of projects status and progress.
- Ensure initiative success and remove roadblocks that present risks for the implementations.
- Take project from Idea to investment. Apply broad skills and teamwork necessary to get “the deal done”.
- Projects and initiatives are large zero carbon emissions commercial development projects with total cost from $500 Million to over $1.5 Billion USD.
- Develop strong understanding and feel of Monolith’s unique technology position and drivers of business value.
- Routinely reach out to others, develop relationships, and approach problems in a collaborative manner.
- Perform other duties as needed to ensure overall success and growth of the business.
- Able to balance competing, strategic priorities. Performs well under pressure.
- Able to demonstrate skills to link complex technology solutions with commercial uses
- Able to frame issues within a business context, and frame customer/stakeholder concerns into commercial and technical value
- Collaborative: Communicates well with team members
- Resilient: Perform well under pressure with a low ego that thrives on the team's success
- Inquisitive: Willingness and desire to learn
- Creative: Problem solver who challenges previous assumptions and methods to continuously improve and solve challenges; relentlessly pursues a better solution
- Adaptable: Demonstrated ability to adapt and change in a dynamic and evolving environment with grit, passion, and perseverance
- Committed to our values
- Safety matters most
- Solve the impossible, embrace reality
- People make the difference
- Think like a team
- Decisions drive results
- Generosity of spirit
- Enjoy the ride
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Economics, Business, Marketing, or related field (Required)
- Minimum 5 years of work experience leading project development activities
- Comprehensive knowledge of execution of projects through all phases of concept development and selection to final completion.
- Project development experience, developing large (>$100M) projects preferably in the oil, gas, renewable energy, or chemicals industries.
- Master's Degree - MBA or other advanced degree (Preferred).
- Deep understanding of the commercial aspects of hydrogen projects and/or renewable energy projects.
- Direct experience developing clean hydrogen projects (green, blue, …), or clean energy development projects more broadly.
The majority of the tasks involved with this position are performed in a home office environment.
Up to 25% local, national, and international travel required.