Hydrogen Market Analyst
Monolith, headquartered in Lincoln, NE, is excited to announce its search for a Hydrogen Market Analyst.
At Monolith we apply scientific principles, engineering practices and a lot of hard work to solve real problems that have a global impact. We use sophisticated analysis methods, advanced manufacturing techniques, and often even our hands to build first of its kind technologies. We do not compromise on safety, quality or performance. If you want to solve tough problems, build real things, and have a big impact then you should join us.
The hydrogen market is currently a $110 billion-dollar global market and expected to grow to $750 billion dollars and be responsible for an additional 3.4 million jobs around the world. Clean hydrogen is essential to achieving the world’s 2050 decarbonization goals. Monolith’s patented methane pyrolysis technology will be critical in unlocking this growth and meeting the global demands for clean hydrogen.
The Hydrogen Market Analyst will utilize a deep understanding of the hydrogen market value chain to summarize pertinent data into communications that will influence and shape company strategy ensuring Monolith is best positioned within the Hydrogen industry. This position will have broad impact across functions including commercial, development, finance, and technical groups. Within Monolith, this role will help maximize the production of clean hydrogen having a transformative impact upon Monolith’s business, the Hydrogen Industry, and global greenhouse gas emissions.
- Conduct global and regional hydrogen market analyses to identify key market drivers, pricing, and potential market opportunities
- Keep up to date on all relevant hydrogen market data and marginal price development
- Interpret and analyze hydrogen market data and create reports and graphic data illustrations to keep relevant stakeholders informed
- Develop a regular cadence of meetings and educational events to keep leadership informed on the hydrogen market and emerging trends across the industry
- Collaborate with the government and external relations team to ensure company policy interests are identified and appropriate advocacy plans are developed to support the growth of the company
- Build and maintain a network of key hydrogen stakeholders and market intelligence to inform strategy
- Support and perform qualitative and quantitative technical, economic and competitor analysis to support commercial efforts and identify opportunities for product expansion
- Support the development of cost-to-serve analyses (logistics) for main hydrogen applications/storage/markets
- Perform other duties as needed
- Hardworking and focused on continuous learning about the hydrogen market
- Strong with analytical and research skills, and an innate talent for hunting down hard-to-find information
- Entrepreneurial and highly adaptable
- A strategic thinker who is deeply curious about industrial technological innovations that bring meaningful climate solutions to market in a cost-competitive manner
- Able to convert complex topics and concepts into presentations that turn words and data into stories to help individuals at all levels inside the organization understand the hydrogen market and translate that to value
- Passionate for identifying potential opportunities
- A strong oral and written communicator
Committed to our values
- Safety matters most
- Solve the impossible, embrace reality
- People make the difference
- Think like a team
- Decisions drive results
- Generosity of spirit
- Enjoy the ride
- Bachelor’s Degree required, and
- 3-5 years of experience in market research, tendering, analysis, and reporting in the energy industry, preferably the hydrogen market, or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the job duties and responsibilities.
- 8-10 years of successful industrial work experience in the renewable energy or commodities sector preferred.
- A background in business analysis, likely through previous roles in management consulting, investment banking, corporate strategy, and/or an MBA.
This position may work remotely but will require regular visits to a Monolith office to collaborate across the company and build strong working relationships with peers.
15-25% domestic and international travel may be required. Travel to attend conferences will be required.