Monolith, located in Hallam, Nebraska, is excited to announce its search for a Project Engineer.
At Monolith we apply scientific principles, engineering practices and a lot of hard work to solve real problems that have a global impact. We use sophisticated analysis methods, advanced manufacturing techniques, and often even our hands to build first of its kind technologies. We do not compromise on safety, quality or performance. If you want to solve tough problems, build real things, and have a big impact then you should join us.
The Project Engineer is responsible for managing and executing Small-Cap Projects at the Olive Creek 1 Plant. This position will work with engineering, operations and maintenance staff to scope, plan, coordinate and execute various projects to drive improvement at the plant.
- Collaborate with various groups such as engineering, operations, maintenance, safety to define project scope.
- Oversee detailed planning of projects leveraging both internal and external resources.
- Own responsibility for project completion on time and on budget.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Facilitate multi-discipline design review meetings.
- Management of Change Ownership
- Seek funding approval for given projects.
- Coordinate construction activities
- Commission new systems or installations.
- Manage plant project backlog.
- Execute on redesign on reliability projects to include drawings, schedule, and budget outline.
- Review proposed projects to ensure reliability practices are observed.
- Deliver cost savings identified through project alternative comparison.
- Communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders to execute projects.
- Support Reliability Engineering Team
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering
- Preferred Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Solid knowledge in the application of reliability tools.
- Knowledge in maintenance process management.
- Project management experience.
- Predictive maintenance technologies experience.
- Reliability hazard analysis.
- Fault tree analysis.
- Root cause analysis.
- Avoidance of single point of failure (SPOF).
- Functional analysis and functional failure analysis (e.g., function FMEA, FHA or FFA).
- Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP) certificate preferred.
- Project Management Program (PMP) certificate preferred.
- Industrial reliability experience.
- Excellent with people skills with experience in facilitation of workshops.
- Strong in influencing skills with experience of engaging with various personnel.
- Excellent with skills in data analysis and a natural curiosity and ability to challenge the norm.
- Able to determine priorities and manage multiple projects.
- Hands on approach to problem solving.
- Organized: Ability to intelligently categorize information in a method that is intuitive to others
- Reliable: Consistent delivery on timelines
- Collaborative: Communicates well with team members
- Cogent: Efficiently explain research to the other members of the team
- Coachable: Willing to accept feedback and learn from experience
- Resilient: Perform well under pressure with a low ego that thrives on the team's success
- Inquisitive: Willingness and desire to learn
- Creative: Problem solver who challenges previous assumptions and methods to continuously improve and solve challenges; relentlessly pursues a better solution
- Adaptable: Demonstrated ability to adapt and change in a dynamic and evolving environment with grit, passion and perseverance
- Committed to our values:
- Safety matters most
- Think like a team
- Solve the impossible, embrace reality
- People make the difference
- Decisions drive results
- Generosity of spirit
- Enjoy the ride
Your work environment
Work will be performed within an industrial work environment in Hallam, NE; some overnights and weekends may be required. 75% climate controlled indoor environment, 25% field work.
Up to 10% travel.