Monolith, headquartered in Lincoln, NE, is excited to announce its search for a Corporate Accountant.
At Monolith we apply scientific principles, engineering practices and a lot of hard work to solve real problems that have a global impact. We use sophisticated analysis methods, advanced manufacturing techniques, and often even our hands to build first of its kind technologies. We do not compromise on safety, quality or performance. If you want to solve tough problems, build real things, and have a big impact then you should join us.
The Corporate Accountant will be responsible for auditing accounts and recording the business transactions of our company. In this role, you will prepare annual reports, present monthly financial statements, and provide financial advice based on data analysis to upper management.
- Assist with month-end close process to ensure timely posting of transaction and journal entries. This includes preparation and posting of journal entries, reconciling accounts and related schedules.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual internal and external financial statement reporting packages.
- Assist with annual financial statement audit including preparation of auditor and audit report schedules and requested documentation.
- Maintain fixed assets in BNA for depreciation purposes.
- Project-based and other ad-hoc assistance, as needed (NetSuite integration, intercompany, GAAP research, whitepapers)
- Support Finance and Accounting department special projects, as needed
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, and
- 3+ years in business-related work experience in a financial discipline experience, or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the job duties and responsibilities.
- Deep knowledge of accounting systems experience (NetSuite, Quickbooks, etc)
- Proficient in MS Office
- CPA license and Public accounting experience is advantageous
- Organized: Ability to intelligently categorize information in a method that is intuitive to others
- Reliable: Consistent delivery on timelines
- Cogent: Efficiently explain research to the other members of the team
- Resilient: Perform well under pressure with a low ego that thrives on the team's success
- Inquisitive: Willingness and desire to learn
- Creative: Problem solver who challenges previous assumptions and methods to continuously improve and solve challenges; relentlessly pursues a better solution
- Adaptable: Demonstrated ability to adapt and change in a dynamic and evolving environment with grit, passion, and perseverance
- Committed to our values
- Safety matters most
- Solve the impossible, embrace reality
- People make the difference
- Think like a team
- Decisions drive results
- Generosity of spirit
- Enjoy the ride
The majority of the tasks involved with this position are performed in an open office environment
Travel up to 25% may be required.