Technical Development Manager, Specialty Applications
Monolith, located in Lincoln, NE, is excited to announce its search for a Technical Development Manager, Specialty Applications.
Monolith is a carbon black manufacturing company which uses a proprietary process to convert natural gas to carbon black in an environmentally advantaged manner. We’re builders. Innovators. Pragmatists. We believe that technology holds the solutions to climate change and that cleaner technology is better technology.
At Monolith we apply scientific principles, engineering practices and a lot of hard work to solve real problems that have a global impact. We use sophisticated analysis methods, advanced manufacturing techniques, and often even our hands to build first of its kind technologies. We do not compromise on safety, quality or performance. If you want to solve tough problems, build real things, and have a big impact then you should join us.
The Technical Development Manager supports the implementation of Monolith’s go-to-market strategy through developing customer relationships and building application knowledge and support to ensure the customer’s needs are met.
- Convert findings from sales team into R&D targets by providing technical objectives, test methods and by executing R&D in developing test programs
- Execute on R&D targets that have been designed by a broader team of chemists, engineers, sales associates
- Develop a rich knowledge of the customer’s end use application for Monolith’s products
- Work closely with customers at the request of the sales team to ensure approval of our products in various customer applications. This will need to be done in collaboration with our customers and Monolith personnel
- Provide input for the delivery of technical and scientific marketing and product support to customers
- Develop and deliver training seminars for sales partners, customers, and events/trade shows
- Attend industry conferences and forums as required, representing and promoting products and capabilities
- Take the pole position at Monolith’s trade show booth and share benefits of Monolith black to prospective customers
- Train and extend working knowledge to collaborators and sales channel partners
- Provide input for the priorities in the application testing laboratories and ensure efficient and accurate data generation and knowledge distribution
- Perform other duties as needed
- Organized: Ability to intelligently categorize information in a method that is intuitive to others
- Reliable: Consistent delivery on timelines
- Cogent: Efficiently explain research to the other members of the team
- Coachable: Willing to accept feedback and learn from experience
- Resilient: Perform well under pressure with a low ego that thrives on the team's success
- Inquisitive: Willingness and desire to learn
- Creative: Problem solver who challenges previous assumptions and methods to continuously improve and solve challenges; relentlessly pursues a better solution
- Adaptable: Demonstrated ability to adapt and change in a dynamic and evolving environment with grit, passion and perseverance
Commitment to our values
- Safety matters most
- Solve the impossible, embrace reality
- People make the difference
- Think like a team
- Decisions drive results
- Generosity of spirit
- Enjoy the ride
Candidate must also demonstrate a high level of safety awareness and conviction. Adherence and commitment to Monolith’s SHE philosophy and procedures is a must.
- B.S. in Chemistry, Polymer Science, or Chemical Engineering, M.S., Ph.D. preferred;
- 5 years of related experience, or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the job duties and responsibilities
- Experience working in plastics, carbon black, or related industries
- Strong experience in the technical marketing of chemical specialties
- An ability to communicate effectively with customers, vendors and team members
- A deep desire and genuine interest in doing what it takes to build a successful company
- A proven track record of delivering on timelines
- An aptitude to perform well under pressure
- An ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with competing deadlines
- Will be an open office setting. Travel may be required up to 25% of the time.