Monolith, headquartered in Lincoln, NE, is excited to announce its search for a Lead Operator for our plant in Hallam.
At Monolith we apply scientific principles, engineering practices and a lot of hard work to solve real problems that have a global impact. We use sophisticated analysis methods, advanced manufacturing techniques, and often even our hands to build first of its kind technologies. We do not compromise on safety, quality or performance.
The Lead Operator is responsible for the safe start-up, monitoring, control, and shutdown of our carbon black manufacturing facility. Additional responsibilities also include promoting a safe, efficient and environmentally compliant production of Carbon Black and Hydrogen to meet the demands and availability requirements of internal and external customers. This position is located in Hallam, Nebraska.
- Ensure Safe, reliable and environmentally compliant and economic plant operations.
- Supervise and direct the activities of all crew members on the assigned shift.
- Have direct responsibility for the overall safe operation of a 14 kT carbon black manufacturing facility, including machinery, equipment, performance and safety of all personnel.
- Be responsible for the overall safe operation of boilers, blowers, pumps and pollution control systems associated with carbon black manufacturing.
- Be responsible for the overall safe operation of auxiliary equipment including burners, conveyors, water treatment systems and condensers.
- Monitor the operation and material condition of all plant equipment both from the field and from the control room via a distribution control system.
- Ensure all plant equipment and systems are operating in accordance with the applicable standard operating procedures and manufacturers' recommendations.
- Investigate equipment problems and take proper actions to correct such issues.
- Develop and conduct on-going training of plan personnel and promoting professional growth and development.
- Maintain plant equipment logs and plant reports and perform corrective and preventive maintenance when necessary.
- Maintain work permits and a Lockout Tag out program as necessary to perform work safely.
- Participate in special projects as necessary
- Perform/maintain a clean working environment and housekeeping necessary
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent certifications, and
- 3 years of relevant experience, or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the job duties and responsibilities.
- Experience operating equipment (pallet jack, fork lift, manual carts, scanners, computers,
- Must have a strong safety and environmental commitment
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with fellow employees,
- representatives of other utilities, outside consultants, and the public
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable representing the company on guided tours, showing proper etiquette and poise
- Comfortable using a computer and the Microsoft suite of software
- Excellent deductive reasoning and drive to solve problems
- Desire to constantly improve self and the working environment
- Committed to our values
- Safety matters most
- Solve the impossible, embrace reality
- People make the difference
- Think like a team
- Decisions drive results
- Generosity of spirit
- Enjoy the ride
This position is for an outside operator position in an industrial work environment in Hallam, Nebraska.