Senior Business Analyst
Monolith, located in Lincoln, NE, is excited to announce its search for a Senior Business Analyst.
At Monolith we apply scientific principles, engineering practices and a lot of hard work to solve real problems that have a global impact. We use sophisticated analysis methods, advanced manufacturing techniques, and often even our hands to build first of its kind technologies. We do not compromise on safety, quality or performance. If you want to solve tough problems, build real things, and have a big impact then you should join us.
The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for providing input into formulating technology and software solutions for assorted business areas through research, analysis of data, facts, and information. They will manage the implementation and administration of technologies in order to meet defined objectives and contribute to the overall business strategy. Work involves use of independent judgment as well as responsibility for performing technical and somewhat complex duties.
- Research business pain points and devise strategies for improvement in the overall process. Rely heavily on data, research, and business feedback to identify growing needs of the business. High degree of analytical and communication skills, while influencing cross-functional teams is a must.
- Coordinate with internal business partners in designing and developing new technology systems, processes, and procedures.
- Review, analyze, tests, recommend, and implement new software applications and equipment. Manage test plans and related quality reviews with business partners.
- Maintain vendor relationships. Coordinate, plan, and perform enhancements, upgrades, and on-going maintenance of software. Resolve technical issues.
- Develop and implement comprehensive communication and training plans and materials.
- May coordinate the design, testing and generation of new management reports as business requirements dictate.
- Manage and document projects. Communicate project status and outcomes in a clear, effective, and timely manner to necessary parties in the business.
- Act as a resource and provide training and guidance to others. May delegate tasks to others (as appropriate) on projects with varying levels of complexity. May provide back-up support for management as needed.
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of Monolith business areas, practices, the industry, and the business environment.
- Improve understanding of business system tools, practices, and methodologies.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Experienced with Business Analysis techniques, tools, and templates, including knowledge of business system operations, workflow analysis, and business systems terminology and standards. Experienced in implementing and configuring software to facilitate business processes. Experienced with project management processes and tools, delivering projects on time.
- Knowledgeable in use of Active Directory groups, software integration tools, identity management concepts, and master data management concepts in an ERP ecosystem. Experienced with PC based office tools, such as, Microsoft Office SharePoint, and Teams. Experience with Cloud-based software and SaaS solutions.
- Experienced in training and assisting end users on new software
- Competent in prioritization, organization, and decision-making.
- Committed to our values
- Safety matters most
- Think like a team
- Solve the impossible, embrace reality
- People make the difference
- Decisions drive results
- Generosity of spirit
- Enjoy the ride
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, and
- 5+ years of relevant experience, or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the job duties and responsibilities.
- Strong oral and written communication, human relations, and presentation skills. Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, problem-solving and decision-making abilities. Creativity, diplomacy, sound judgment, and initiative.
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines, to work independently and as part of a team, to guide and train others, and to provide excellent customer service.
- Quantitative, statistical, and data analysis and interpretative skills. Ability to utilize data analysis tools/understanding of data metric techniques. Ability to utilize process improvement techniques.
The majority of the tasks involved with this position are performed in an open office environment.
Minimal travel is required.