Project Engineer, Capital Projects
Monolith, located in Lincoln, NE, is excited to announce its search for a Project Engineer.
At Monolith we apply scientific principles, engineering practices and a lot of hard work to solve real problems that have a global impact. We use sophisticated analysis methods, advanced manufacturing techniques, and often even our hands to build first of its kind technologies. We do not compromise on safety, quality or performance. If you want to solve tough problems, build real things, and have a big impact then you should join us.
The Project Engineer will be responsible for the planning and execution of the OC2 facility in Hallam, NE. Specifically, this role will represent Monolith to its strategic EPC contractor and partner, Kiewit, and includes the duties and responsibilities as noted below.
- Participate in detailed design, procurement, construction, and commissioning.
- Responsible for stewarding contractor’s performance, managing interfaces, managing change, engaging/aligning key stakeholders, engaging discipline engineers and expert resources from the global experts, as required, to complete the assigned scope consistent with the project’s objectives.
- Coordinates project issues identification and resolution process.
- Ensure smooth transitions between project stages, across sites and between key stakeholders.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Organized: Ability to intelligently categorize information in a method that is intuitive to others
- Reliable: Consistent delivery on timelines
- Cogent: Efficiently explain research to the other members of the team
- Resilient: Perform well under pressure with a low ego that thrives on the team's success
- Inquisitive: Willingness and desire to learn
- Creative: Problem solver who challenges previous assumptions and methods to continuously improve and solve challenges; relentlessly pursues a better solution
- Adaptable: Demonstrated ability to adapt and change in a dynamic and evolving environment with grit, passion and perseverance
Committed to our values
- Safety matters most
- Think like a team
- Solve the impossible, embrace reality
- People make the difference
- Decisions drive results
- Generosity of spirit
- Enjoy the ride
Candidate must also demonstrate a high level of safety awareness and conviction. Adherence and commitment to Monolith’s SHE philosophy and procedures is a must.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical or Civil Engineering or a related field, and
- Minimum 4 years of work experience in large (100M - 2B) capital project management roles, or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the job duties and responsibilities.
- Prior experience in managing all phases of project management including engineering, procurement and fabrication/construction, quality, permitting, project controls, safety, commissioning during planning and execution phases. Broad knowledge of industry standards and related work processes.
Work Environment and Travel Expectations
You will work in Hallam, NE with up to 25% travel, mostly to Kansas City, KS.