Monolith, located in Lincoln, NE, is excited to announce its search for a Financial Manager.
Monolith is a carbon black manufacturing company which uses a proprietary process to convert natural gas to carbon black in an environmentally advantaged manner. We’re builders. Innovators. Pragmatists. We believe that technology holds the solutions to climate change and that cleaner technology is better technology.
At Monolith we apply scientific principles, engineering practices and a lot of hard work to solve real problems that have a global impact. We use sophisticated analysis methods, advanced manufacturing techniques, and often even our hands to build first of its kind technologies. We do not compromise on safety, quality or performance. If you want to solve tough problems, build real things, and have a big impact then you should join us.
The Financial Manager is responsible for analytical support to corporate strategy and finance functions. The position encompasses a broad range of financial responsibilities including market analysis, forecasting, liquidity analysis, and financial reporting. This position will focus on long term planning and treasury support.
- Develop and maintain corporate economic models and project models for projects under development;
- Maintain a rigorous process for the development and documentation of the economic models;
- Perform scenario analysis for a multitude of financing and operating scenarios;
- Liaise with the technical, finance and regulatory/community teams to ensure that all aspects of the company are accurately represented in financing materials;
- Provide mentorship and support to Financial Analysts on the team;
- Track and analyze of market fundamentals along the entire value chain (carbon black, hydrogen, electricity, natural gas);
- Assist in the preparation of presentations to be used by management and board levels;
- Assist with the development of corporate strategy;
- Enthusiastically maintain and improve Monolith’s reputation internally, among its business partners, including a commitment to health and safety policies and initiatives;
- Strong economic modelling skills using MS office applications - specifically Excel;
- Bachelor's degree in economics, commerce or engineering;
- Minimum 10 years of experience in economic modelling and capital markets and/or project development in the energy infrastructure, chemicals or oil and gas sector; and
- Strong team player able to work across cross functional and international boundaries.
- Post-graduate or professional designations in finance or accounting are a definite asset (e.g., MBA or CFA);
- Experience in investment banking or working with investment banking institutions; and
- Familiarity with the Chemicals or Hydrogen markets.
- Able to effectively exchange information with various stakeholders in a manner that makes meaningful results possible.
- Able to seek input, make connections, and recognize patterns that lead to effective decision-making and action.
- A creative problem solver; challenges previous assumptions and methods to continuously improve and solve challenges; relentlessly pursues a better solution
- Able to have a complete understanding of financial components of the financial statements and ability to analyze financials to make appropriate journal entries as needed
- Able to maintain a strong safety mindset
- Committed to our values
- Safety matters most
- Solve the impossible, embrace reality
- Think like a team
- People make the difference
- Decisions drive results
- Generosity of spirit
- Enjoy the ride
The majority of the tasks involved with this position are performed in a home office environment.
Travel up to 25% may be required.