Analytical Laboratory Intern
Monolith, headquartered in Lincoln, NE, is excited to announce its search for an Analytical Laboratory Intern.
At Monolith we apply scientific principles, engineering practices and a lot of hard work to solve real problems that have a global impact. We use sophisticated analysis methods, advanced manufacturing techniques, and often even our hands to build first of its kind technologies. We do not compromise on safety, quality or performance. If you want to solve tough problems, build real things, and have a big impact then you should join us.
The Analytical Laboratory Intern position is responsible for operating, maintaining, and optimizing the MTC’s analytical equipment in order to characterize carbon black made through Monolith’s proprietary process. The candidate will become familiar with a few of the analytical techniques in the laboratory. Projects will include the commissioning of plastics testing equipment and surface characterization techniques with a report at the end of the internship
- Collect analytical data and assist in the design and implementation of new equipment and analytical techniques.
- Submit bi-weekly summary of progress and data.
- Present all learnings and results to the group at the end of the internship.
- Provide recommendations to lab supervisor/manager to improve analytical procedures, SOPs, and/or lab efficiency.
- Test development and stability samples for assay, impurities, dissolution, content uniformity, water content, and some other physical/chemical tests as necessary in a timely manner, following the corresponding analytical procedures.
- Learn and follow good documentation practice and document analytical tests on lab notebooks timely and accurately.
- Assist Supervisor in planning and prioritizing analytical tests accordingly so that the project timelines are met.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Organized: Ability to intelligently categorize information in a method that is intuitive to others
- Reliable: Consistent delivery on timelines
- Collaborative: Communicates well with team members
- Cogent: Efficiently explain research to the other members of the team
- Coachable: Willing to accept feedback and learn from experience
- Resilient: Perform well under pressure with a low ego that thrives on the team's success
- Inquisitive: Willingness and desire to learn
- Creative: Problem solver who challenges previous assumptions and methods to continuously improve and solve challenges; relentlessly pursues a better solution
- Adaptable: Demonstrated ability to adapt and change in a dynamic and evolving environment with grit, passion, and perseverance
- Committed to our values
- Safety matters most
- Solve the impossible, embrace reality
- People make the difference
- Think like a team
- Decisions drive results
- Generosity of spirit
- Enjoy the ride
- Junior or Senior level or newly graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering programs.
- Prior lab or research experience preferred.
- Organic chemistry or higher preferred.
The majority of the tasks involved with this position are performed in an open office environment.