Monolith, located in Lincoln, NE, is excited to announce its search for a Subcontracts Administrator.
At Monolith we apply scientific principles, engineering practices and a lot of hard work to solve real problems that have a global impact. We use sophisticated analysis methods, advanced manufacturing techniques, and often even our hands to build first of its kind technologies. We do not compromise on safety, quality or performance. If you want to solve tough problems, build real things, and have a big impact then you should join us.
The Subcontracts Administrator will be responsible for utilizing your understanding of procurement concepts, principles, and best practices to facilitate successful project delivery and subcontractor relationships.
- Coordinate assigned subcontract packages, track subcontract activity and progress information, and guide project personnel on subcontracting issues
- Perform all subcontract formation duties for assigned subcontracts, including prequalification of bidders, solicitation of proposals, proposal evaluations, source selection recommendations, participation in negotiation of contract terms and pricing issues, conformance and finalizing of agreements, and subcontract issuance and execution
- Ensure applicable prime contract flow-downs are identified, addressed, and included in assigned subcontracts
- Obtain necessary reviews and approvals of bidder exceptions, bid evaluations, source selection recommendations, subcontracts, and change orders prior to execution
- Assist in ensuring budget compliance and award of subcontracts
- Perform subcontract post-award administration duties, including change order management, contractual compliance, securing insurance policies, invoice verification, performance evaluation, closeout of agreements, and records retention
- Maintain the database of potential and qualified subcontractors, including performance history
- Utilize established policies, procedures, systems, and tools to assure maximum contribution
- Assist in the preparation of proposal deliverables, including pricing of subcontracted services, execution approach narratives, and labor hour estimates for subcontracting
- Prepare quality requests for proposals and subcontract documents
- Provide timeliness, accuracy, and adequacy of the assigned subcontracting activities
- Maintain effective and timely management of subcontractor change activity to assure compliance with the subcontract provisions and mitigate the potential subcontractor claims
- Provide timeliness, accuracy, and adequacy of subcontract-related problem identification, status reporting, and corrective action
- Provide quality and timely direction to subcontractors.
- Maintain effective relationships with subcontractors, project team members, management, and support organizations
- Remain compliant with established policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as required
- Organized: Ability to intelligently categorize information in a method that is intuitive to others
- Reliable: Consistent delivery on timelines
- Cogent: Efficiently explain research to the other members of the team
- Resilient: Perform well under pressure with a low ego that thrives on the team's success
- Inquisitive: Willingness and desire to learn
- Creative: Problem solver who challenges previous assumptions and methods to continuously improve and solve challenges; relentlessly pursues a better solution
- Adaptable: Demonstrated ability to adapt and change in a dynamic and evolving environment with grit, passion and perseverance
Committed to our values
- Safety matters most
- Think like a team
- Solve the impossible, embrace reality
- People make the difference
- Decisions drive results
- Generosity of spirit
- Enjoy the ride
Candidate must also demonstrate a high level of safety awareness and conviction. Adherence and commitment to Monolith’s SHE philosophy and procedures is a must.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Law, Engineering or other applicable field, and
- 6+ years of experience in subcontracting and contract management, with specific experience in working on mid to large size projects such as power projects, refinery and expansion projects, petrochemical plants, or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the job duties and responsibilities.
- CPCM, CCCM, or CCFM Certification from the National Contract Management Association (or other international equivalent) is desirable
Work Environment and Travel Expectations
The majority of the tasks involved with this position are performed in an open office environment. Up to 25% travel may be required.