Facilities General Maintenance
Monolith, headquartered in Lincoln, NE, is excited to announce its search for
At Monolith we apply scientific principles, engineering practices and a lot of hard work to solve real problems that have a global impact. We use sophisticated analysis methods, advanced manufacturing techniques, and often even our hands to build first of its kind technologies. We do not compromise on safety, quality, or performance. If you want to solve tough problems, build real things, and have a big impact then you should join us.
Are you a handy person, a go-getter? Love working with your hands on tangible projects such as painting, light electrical and plumbing, HVAC, grounds keeping, etc.? Do you like to work independently and schedule your day around your projects? If you're proud of your work and take pride in the vision of your physical surroundings, this may be a good fit for you!
Light Industrial Maintenance
- Clean up the grounds
- Complete paint projects
- Perform light plumbing and repairs
- Maintain fencing and fence posts
- Perform light HVAC work
- Oversee expected service management for snow, weeds, garbage, pest control, and scale calibration.
- Act as liaison between employees and outside services need to resolve specialized problems.
- Maintains physical space, ensuring a safe, clean, and functional environment.
- Receives and processes work order requests related to overall building maintenance. Manages requests and ensures problems are resolve quickly.
- Drafts and implements preventive maintenance schedules for buildings and equipment.
- Ensures safety standards are followed throughout the facility.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Organized: Ability to intelligently categorize information in a method that is intuitive to others
- Reliable: Consistent delivery on timelines
- Cogent: Efficiently explain research to the other members of the team
- Coachable: Willing to accept feedback and learn from experience
- Resilient: Perform well under pressure with a low ego that thrives on the team's success
- Inquisitive: Willingness and desire to learn
- Creative: Problem solver who challenges previous assumptions and methods to continuously improve and solve challenges; relentlessly pursues a better solution.
- Adaptable: Demonstrated agility to adapt and change in a dynamic and evolving environment with grit, passion, and perseverance.
- High school diploma and at least two years of relevant experience, or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the job duties
- Preferred: Experience operating skid steer, telehandler, forklift, and other production equipment
- Strong commitment to safety and environment
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with fellow employees, representatives from specialized services, and the public.
- Desire to constantly improve the working environment and take pride in appearance and safety
Commitment to our values
- Safety matters most
- Solve the impossible, embrace reality
- People make the difference
- Think like a team
- Decisions drive results
- Generosity of spirit
- Enjoy the ride
Work will be performed within an operating plant environment; 25% climate controlled indoor environment, 75% field