Technical Account Manager
Monolith, located in Lincoln, NE, is excited to announce its search for a Technical Account Manager.
At Monolith we apply scientific principles, engineering practices and a lot of hard work to solve real problems that have a global impact. We use sophisticated analysis methods, advanced manufacturing techniques, and often even our hands to build first of its kind technologies. We do not compromise on safety, quality or performance. If you want to solve tough problems, build real things, and have a big impact then you should join us.
The Technical Account Manager’s primary role is to support the maximization of profitability of Monolith’s products over the short and long term via coordination with the business leaders and engagement of customers, leveraging a combination of contract and spot sales strategies. This requires a consistent, high level of engagement with the customer base and working closely with Monolith’s technical, supply chain, and manufacturing teams.
- Interact with customers and distributors/agents on a regular basis to establish and maintain relationships and stay current with respect to customer needs and market knowledge
- Complete timely call reports and post in associated CRM system
- Understand the market in assigned region and identify and promote realistic growth opportunities for existing and new products
- Manage sales contracts (purchase & supply agreements) where appropriate by negotiating, amending or updating information, as necessary
- Proactively review contracts on a regular basis to ensure customer requirements are met
- Provide commercial, new product & marketing information and guidance to business and technical personnel as appropriate
- Update project validity and financial information in Opportunity Tracker
- Facilitate customer specification approval and reviews and technical product presentations/awareness to customers in conjunctions with Technical Development Managers
- Develop, maintain, and execute the account plans that have been assigned
- Performs other duties as needed
- Able to adapt to change in a dynamic and evolving environment with grit, passion and perseverance
- Able to communicate effectively with customers, vendors and team members across all levels within the organization.
- Entrepreneurial with a deep desire and genuine interest in doing what it takes to build a successful company
- Resilient and perform well under pressure
- Able to multitask in fast paced environment with competing deadlines
- Committed to our values
- Safety matters most
- Solve the impossible, embrace reality
- People make the difference
- Think like a team
- Decisions drive results
- Generosity of spirit
- Enjoy the ride
- Min 5 years sales in chemical / pigment field
- BS - Technical degree Engineering, Biology, Materials, Polymers, Chemistry, highly preferred.
- Negotiated and written sales agreements/contracts
- Experience in the plastics market is strongly preferred
- Experience in coatings, inks, metallurgy, and battery markets (advantageous)
Travel expectations and location:
50% travel within midwestern territory and regular travel to Lincoln, NE