Mechanical Engineer - Reliability
Monolith, headquartered in Lincoln, NE, is excited to announce its search for a reliability Mechanical Engineer.
At Monolith, we apply scientific principles, engineering practices and a lot of hard work to solve real problems that have a global impact. We use sophisticated analysis methods, advanced manufacturing techniques, and often even our hands to build first of its kind technologies. We do not compromise on safety, quality or performance. If you want to solve tough problems, build real things, and have a big impact then you should join us.
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for prepare technical reviews of projects and collaborate with related areas on new equipment reliability specifications. This position will work with engineering, operations and maintenance staff to identify, evaluate, and implement reliability improvement opportunities through changes to safety practices, operating procedures, maintenance procedures, and equipment upgrades.
- Prepare technical reviews of projects and collaborate with related areas on new equipment reliability specifications.
- Implement reliability excellence activities, identifying and prioritizing reliability engineering value creation opportunities.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Perform tests and analysis.
- Commission new systems or installations.
- Conduct routine engineering calculations.
- Liaise with relevant teams on outcomes of tests/analysis.
- Train maintenance personnel on precision maintenance techniques.
- Analyze equipment history to identify reliability improvement opportunities.
- Provide solutions and submit ideas to recurring reliability issues.
- Execute on redesign on reliability projects to include drawings, schedule, and budget outline.
- Review proposed projects to ensure reliability practices are observed.
- Deliver cost savings identified through identified reliability practices.
- Communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders to execute projects.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience, and
- Minimum of two years of related work experience including experience in preventive maintenance and predictive maintenance preferred, or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the job duties and responsibilities
- Solid knowledge in the application of reliability tools
- Knowledge in maintenance process management
- Project management experience
- Experience creating complex tests and analysis
- Predictive maintenance technologies experience
- Reliability hazard analysis
- Fault tree analysis
- Root cause analysis
- Avoidance of single point of failure (SPOF)
- Functional analysis and functional failure analysis (e.g., function FMEA, FHA or FFA)
- Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP) certificate preferred
- Industrial reliability experience
- Excellent with people skills with experience in facilitation of workshops
- Strong in influencing skills with experience of engaging with various personnel
- Excellent with skills in data analysis and a natural curiosity and ability to challenge the norm
- Organized: Ability to intelligently categorize information in a method that is intuitive to others
- Reliable: Consistent delivery on timelines
- Collaborative: Communicates well with team members
- Cogent: Efficiently explain research to the other members of the team
- Coachable: Willing to accept feedback and learn from experience
- Resilient: Perform well under pressure with a low ego that thrives on the team's success
- Inquisitive: Willingness and desire to learn
- Creative: Problem solver who challenges previous assumptions and methods to continuously improve and solve challenges; relentlessly pursues a better solution
- Adaptable: Demonstrated ability to adapt and change in a dynamic and evolving environment with grit, passion and perseverance
- Committed to our values:
- Safety matters most
- Think like a team
- Solve the impossible, embrace reality
- People make the difference
- Decisions drive results
- Generosity of spirit
- Enjoy the ride
Your work environment
Work will be performed within an industrial work environment in Hallam, NE; some overnights and weekends may be required.
Up to 10% travel.