Instrumentation and Controls Engineer
Monolith is excited to announce its search for an Instrumentation and Controls Engineer.
At Monolith we apply scientific principles, engineering practices and a lot of hard work to solve real problems that have a global impact. We use sophisticated analysis methods, advanced manufacturing techniques, and often even our hands to build first of its kind technologies. We do not compromise on safety, quality or performance. If you want to solve tough problems, build real things, and have a big impact then you should join us.
The Instrumentation and Control Engineer (I&C Engineer) is responsible for supporting project and plant operating I&C needs. The I&C Engineer will be responsible for providing daily plant operation and maintenance support in terms of managing and/or maintaining instruments, PLC’s, DCS and other equipment. You also will need to develop a thorough understanding of the operational processes of the company and will have a multidisciplinary role, working closely with colleagues across a number of functions, including operations, core technology, process engineering and maintenance.
- Support and execute small design and development of the I&C projects in Olive Creek One. This will include:
- Ensure I&C design documents including development of control write ups, logic drawings, cause and effect drawings, DCS network architecture design, HMI design, P&ID’s and other instrumentation design documents
- Develop I&C construction scope of work document for MEPI (Mechanical, Electrical, Piping and Instrumentation) construction contractor bid package and overseeing execution plans
- Review and approve detailed design documentation from third party vendors
- Assist with identifying, designing and developing the requirement of project and plant IT infrastructure and network
- Identify, locate and confirm instrument installation location to MEPI contractor for installation
- Support I&C activities and optimization of plant systems
- Work with operations and engineering staff to resolve controls issues and tune processes
- Work with I&E technicians to resolve issues and optimize controls systems
- Ensure that all documentation for all I&C equipment is up to date and in the proper structure
- Have ownership of hardware reliability and asset strategies to ensure all I&C equipment’s are properly maintained and meets uptime expectations
- Perform other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Instrumentation and Controls Engineering &
- 3 to 5 years of I&C engineering experience or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the job duties and responsibilities.
- Hands on experience with industrial instruments like Temperature – Temperature gauges, RTD, Thermocouples, Pyrometers. Flow Measurement: Orifice DP, Coriolis meters, Annular bars, Venturi tubes, pitot tubes, Magnetic flow meters. Pressure: Pressure gauges, Pressure transmitters, DP transmitters, Remote seal DP transmitters. Level: Head Pressure level transmitters, DP level transmitters, Remote seal DP level transmitters, Guided wave radar, Ultrasonic, level sight gauges. Analyzers: GC, Laser, X-stream, H2 and O2 Particulate Monitors Weighing system: Load cells
- Experience with programming, editing and developing logics and HMI using PLC’s – Allen Bradley, Siemens. DCS: Emerson DeltaV DCS experience is preferred
- Experience working with Low voltage electrical systems and associated panels considered a plus
- Experience with heat trace and freeze protection a plus
- Experience with IT data networking, access control system, CCTV system, Fire alarm control, PA system
- Experience developing and reviewing key I&C engineering design documentation
- Able to adapt to change in a dynamic and evolving environment with grit, passion and perseverance
- Committed to our values
- Safety matters most
- Solve the impossible, embrace reality
- People make the difference
- Think like a team
- Decisions drive results
- Generosity of spirit
- Enjoy the ride
Work will be performed within an industrial work environment in Hallam, NE; some overnights and weekends may be required.