Safety, Health, & Environmental Technician
Monolith, headquartered in Lincoln, NE, is excited to announce its search for a Safety, Health, & Environmental Technician.
At Monolith we apply scientific principles, engineering practices and a lot of hard work to solve real problems that have a global impact. We use sophisticated analysis methods, advanced manufacturing techniques, and often even our hands to build first of its kind technologies. We do not compromise on safety, quality or performance. If you want to solve tough problems, build real things, and have a big impact then you should join us.
The SH&E Technician is responsible for supporting environmental, health and safety efforts at our site in Hallam. This includes developing strong relationships to enable effective coaching and training. Tasks include routine inspections and corrective actions, SH&E sampling activities, packing and shipping of waste, SH&E Training, technical support, and tasks to ensure SH&E performance and compliance. The SH&E Technician is also responsible for completion of appropriate site tasks such as; assuring completion of assessments and follow up actions, assisting with closure of SH&E findings and tasks on a timely basis, supporting emergency actions and planning, tasks to create a strong SH&E culture that engages employees throughout the site in SH&E teams and processes.
- Own Injury tracking and reporting
- Conduct site risk assessments
- Track safety analytics and trending
- Conduct waste inspections, packaging and shipping
- Do routine visual inspections
- Conduct environmental sampling and testing
- Own routine cleaning and hazardous waste operations
- Lead emergency preparedness inspections
- Conduct Industrial Hygiene (IH) sampling
- Coordinate routine maintenance and operations of water treatment systems
- Develop, deliver, track and monitor EHS Training
- Own Life Critical Safety auditing and serve as subject matter expert (Confined space, LOTO, elevated work)
- Perform other duties as needed.
- OSHA 40-hour (Hazwoper) Certification
- RCRA & DOT (Haz-Waste shipping) Certification
- OSHA 30-Hour General Industry Certification
- Two (2) year degree in occupational safety, industrial hygiene, environmental discipline or related field, or
- High School Diploma/GED and 3+ years of experience with an emphasis in environmental, health and safety program management and employee training
- An equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the job duties and responsibilities
- Strong people skills, high ability to influence others.
- Adept at utilization of company-wide system for reporting SH&E data and information
- Must have clear communication and writing skills in English
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Demonstrated proficiency in water and wastewater sampling
- Must be comfortable working in high noise areas while wearing hearing protection
- Comfortable climbing ladder, using fall protection, and climbing 12 flights of stairs several times a day
- Ability to work in confined spaces and supervise the work of others working in confined spaces including permit required confined spaces
- Ability to obtain all required licenses/certifications including, but not limited to: Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services Grade 4 Water Operator, EPA Method 9 Emission Observer Certification, etc., within 6 months of employment
- Low ego and thrives on team success.
- Committed to our values
- Safety matters most
- Think like a team
- Solve the impossible, embrace reality
- People make the difference
- Decisions drive results
- Generosity of spirit
- Enjoy the ride
Your work environment
Will include a combination of office computer work, meetings and conference calls with team members, and a large percentage of time out in the plant walking and climbing to audit people, property and environment. Role located in Hallam, Nebraska
Less than 10% travel may be required for visiting other Monolith sites in the Lincoln area, local emergency response agencies, or meeting with Federal or State regulators at their local offices